Tuesday 9 October 2012

New Campaign New ScoreBoard



First mission in the new campaign....and it was a cracker. We took off from La Gorgue and headed north along the front line. We hadn't gone far when myself and Splash spotted an enemy flight off to our 2 o'clock. It seems as we spotted them, they spotted us and from both sides of no mans land the 2 flights merged.

The ensuing furball soon became frantic with our AI getting shot down in no time, leaving only Splash Puff, Keets and myself to tackle the 6-7 enemy Alb DIII's. Splash was the victim of a mid air with an Alb and Puff took a few shots to his engine and dove for our lines with a pair of Albs in tow. I has kept my alt and manage to damage one Alb and also shoot down the Alb flight leader. As the fight was now losing altitude I drifted down looking for my next foe. Which didn't take long and the fight didn't either as I managed to put in a sustained burst on his wing. I saw his wing fold up and started looking for Keets.

No sooner had we linked back up when I spotted a single aircraft diving towards us. I turned promptly to face him, not totally sure if it was friend or foe. that was soon sorted out as a short burst whizzed past my head. One stry bullet grazed my head and I was left dazed and with blurred vision. Luckily my aircraft appeared unscathed. So I turned tightly trying to draw him in and lining him up for Keets.

With Keets firmly in control over the single enemy and myself wounded, I decided to head home. Keets dispatched the Hun and soon caught up. He also did me the service of giving the field a fly by to ascertain the wind direction for me as my sight was very poor by then.

Unfortunately a combination of poor visibility and poor flying I snagged a wheel on landing a turned the crate on it's head.... a few days of bed rest will sort that out.

Overall a very good mission and lots of fun....bring on the next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.